There’s nothing but calm winds ahead with this Block on Board (BOB) die. Forecasts show creating this classic block without Y seams is a snap. Set it on point for a look that points to sunny skies!
Why Quilters Love the GO! Weathervane Die:
- Weathervane is a Block on Board® (BOB®) die which means it’s specially designed to cut one 4-color, 8" block in one pass through the cutter.
- No templates! No special rulers! Weathervane includes 8 basic shapes that are time-consuming to cut by hand.
- Weathervane features specialized dog-ears and ¼" seam allowances for easy alignment and piecing.
- Weathervane includes screen-printed letters on die for easier piecing and organization of shapes.
- Free pattern downloads and step-by-step block assembly instructions are available to get you started.
- Charm Square-friendly
- Do you EQ? If you have Electric Quilt® software, you can use it to create your own Weathervane designs from their block library and cut your fabric.
- Cut so much more fabric in less time.
- Get accurate cuts every time -- No slipping rulers or mistakes
- Easiest to use -- Simply place die on cutter, then fabric and cutting mat on top
- Save fabric with Two Tone Foam -- Get more out of your fabric by placing it only over the shape you want to cut.
- Safe to use -- No blades come anywhere near your fingers
- With some fabrics, after cutting, a thread or two will remain where die blades meet. Snip threads with scissors.
- Blades on some dies are positioned at an angle. Align fabric to edge of shape, not edge of die board.
- Use good quality fabric to reduce fabric stretch.
- It's always a good idea to test cut one shape before cutting many shapes to ensure fabric orientation is correct.